Sunday, May 28, 2006

Belong, to what?

Do you belong to anything,
Do you belong to anyone,
Are you proud of your territory,
Does your affiliation bring comfort to you,
Are there many who do not belong to you,

Ever thought of your displeasure as opinion and mine as intolerance,
Ever said that I don't belong to you because of my belief,
Ever felt that my welfare does not matter to you because of our boundaries,
Ever realized that your exhibition of pride scares my neighbor's son,
Ever acted on your loyalty to show me as disloyal,

Together, through all times,
We have been living in two worlds,
You in mine and I in yours,
Just to see what we think of each other,
To plot and prove our identities.

3 comments:

Yesgee said...

awesome!

Benkiman said...

that was very nice. beautiful..

Neets said...

Lovely!
Very beautiful. Simple and intense.